• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best deli in Vegas

One of my co-workers swears by Rocco's (I think there are two locations), though I haven't been there yet.

I love the sandwiches at Capriotti's. I always order either the "Bobby" which is turkey (they roast their own and use chunks rather than slices), bread stuffing, cranberry sauce and mayo, or the "Slaw-B-Joe" which is roast beef (again, roasted in house), provolone cheese, cole slaw, and Russian dressing. The sandwiches are huge - I can never eat a whole small in one sitting.

Web site here: http://www.capriottis.com/

• 2 months later...

There is a good Italian deli near my work called Roma Deli. I wouldn't think it compares well with the delis of New York, but for the middle of the desert it does the trick. I have also heard of one called Siena that is suppose to be very good. To far from my office to try.

• 7 months later...