• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Michelin Guide Benelux 2006

paulbrussel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Could anyone give suggestion, what would be the best way to get to the Hof Van Cleve from Bruges - assuming that I don't plan to drive? Thanks

The best way is to take the train to Waregem and then a cab from the station to the restaurant.

which one would you recommend in terms of food? because we're only 23 and 21 , we'd like to spend just 140 euro per person for the meal (either lunch or dinner). thanks!

From today there are only two 3 starred restaurants in the Netherlands: Oud Sluis and De Librije.

(Parkheuvel, due to its change of chefs in June 2006, went from three stars for Cees Helder to one star for Erik van Loo who had two stars before in his former restaurant...)

But I do fully agree with UE: when you choose, do go to Sluis: a very interesting and modern restaurant. De Librije is much less daring and I would say a bit more classic. (And I am not totally sure, but I even think De Librije is more expensive.)

• 3 weeks later...
Could anyone give suggestion, what would be the best way to get to the Hof Van Cleve from Bruges - assuming that I don't plan to drive? Thanks

The best way is to take the train to Waregem and then a cab from the station to the restaurant.

Thanks for the answer.

One more question, similar to the above one.

What would be the closest train station to go to Oud Sluis? Would it be easier to come from Amsterdam or Brussels? Again thanks

When I go to Oud Sluis I always go from Brussels to Brugge (Bruges) station and then take a bus straight to Sluis (ask the driver for the right stop, I think it is the second stop in Annastraat); then it is a few minutes walk to the restaurant. It would be much easier to go from Brussels to Oud Sluis - I think from Amsterdam with public transport it will be almost impossible to get there.

Hey paulbrussels!! It's been a long time!!

Yes, that is how I got to Oud Sluis, and YES, do ask the bus driver for the right stop... as I recall, I had to change buses.

u.e.

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

Have finally gotten round to booking dinner at oud sluis,will be going from Amsterdam to Brugge(if that is possible)so would love some lighter lunch ideas for the city, will be staying the night in sluis and to say that Im excited is an understatement.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Oud Sluis on thurs and must say was a most amazing experience,had the €100 tasting menu and was a great example of fantastic seafood cookery that left me wanting to go back and try the a la carte as soon as possible. will post a full review on thurs as must do the experince some justice. Could not get at booking at De Carmelite but have a plan set for the next time. Worth every bit of the 5 hour train , ferry and car journey from Amsterdam.