• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Egg Dishes; Humor

I'd appreciate learning what egg dishes (non-dessert) at Felidia or another restaurant have been particularly memorable for you. :smile:

In addition, your input on when humor can play a significant role in a dish (with any available examples) would be of considerable interest to me.

Some of my most memorable egg dishes (beyond frittatas and especially the frittata with the foraged wild asparagus which I still go back every year to Italy to experience).

I'd like to share with you one of my favorites--that my grandmother used to make for me--was fried potatoes with an egg dropped in the middle of them. It's on page 279 in Lidia's Italian American Kitchen. Or I love my "uovo al purgatorio" which you can access on my website, www.lidiasitaly.com under the recipe/appetizer section.