• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kittle House - Chappaqua

FabulousFoodBabe

We went there for the second time since Jeremy Smollar took over as Chef.

Food: Much better than it had been during Greg Gilbert's last months there.

Service: Nice once they get to us, but not great. Both times, there was a private function during the time we were there, so the staff was distracted and the diners appeared to be an afterthought. In the 15 minutes it took the waiter to get to us after the dessert menus were dropped off, we lost our joie de dessert and just wanted to get outta there.

Irritating moment: After we ordered, I asked for just a taste the pear-cardamom fondant that garnished one of the soups. The waiter came back and said, "we cannot do it." What's up with that? My choice was to make a big fuss or just let it ride. Whatever.

Verdict: My husband loves the place. I used to. In the interest of marital bliss, we'll go back again when he insists.

"Oh, tuna. Tuna, tuna, tuna." -Andy Bernard, The Office

Irritating moment:  After we ordered,  I asked for just a taste the pear-cardamom fondant that garnished one of the soups. The waiter came back and said, "we cannot do it." What's up with that?  My choice was to make a big fuss or just let it ride.  Whatever.

I would have gave you the same response, and denoted it as an irratating moment myself.

I've heard that Bill Clinton is a regular at this place.  Any sightings?

Not there, lately. He used to be a regular. Chef Gilbert told me once that they'd just given him 5# of bacon, when he had to have his first heart procedure.

I've never seen Mr. President in our town, though there are photos of him in every store in the town; he's apparently very good about photo ops and the guy is a chick magnet. He loves Lang's Little Store -- funny story about Bill Gates getting a tuna melt there when he couldn't get lunch at the Clinton's house.

"Oh, tuna. Tuna, tuna, tuna." -Andy Bernard, The Office

Not there, lately.  He used to be a regular.  Chef Gilbert told me once that they'd just given him 5# of bacon, when he had to have his first heart procedure. 

I've never seen Mr. President in our town, though there are photos of him in every store in the town; he's apparently very good about photo ops and the guy is a chick magnet.  He loves Lang's Little Store -- funny story about Bill Gates getting a tuna melt there when he couldn't get lunch at the Clinton's house.

Well, can't see Bill Gates being a chick magnet!! :biggrin:

I've also heard that when he is home, Bill goes to Starbucks once a day. Sounds like a good reason to camp out there!! :wink: