• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

chef apparel

my friend is having a murdery mystery dinner party for her birthday.  i've been assigned to dress up as a chef.  where can i get a pretty inexpensive chef jacket in the bergen county area??  i tried chef central on rt. 17 but their selections are limited.

If you're on this Forum, surely you have a favorite restaurant...unless you really want to buy one, ask a chef to borrow one for the night.

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

There is a warehouse for Imperial Chefware located of Route 17 near the Lodi Motor Vehicles Agency where they sell some of the extra chef's clothing. Otherwise, I would suggest www.chefware.com and order a jacket online.

"To invite a person to your house is to take charge of his (her) happiness for as long as he is under your roof."

Brillat Savarin

You don't have to like everything I make, but you still have to eat it.

A Co-Worker from Work