• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Keg of Budweiser

Daniel

There is a "beverage center" on 23rd between 10th and 11th that I bet could do that - A quick check of superpages.com would yield their number -

You are kidding me!!! Drinking Bud???

I'm with you AB. I financed my way through college on keg parties with old milwakee and bud kegs as headliners. I would compare the taste of kegged bud to grandma's denture water the morning after. Your food is too good for it.

There is a beverage center on W 207th in Manhattan also, I can do a drive by later for the number if you still need it.

Edited by NYC Mike (log)

-Mike & Andrea

Yeah seriously if you're going to go through the trouble, why Bud?? Check these options out, from

http://www.newyorkbeverage.com/merchant/in...sd&categoryid=2

1/2 KEG AMSTEL LT

more

1/2 KEG ANCHOR LIBERTY

more

1/2 KEG ANCHOR STEAM

more

1/2 KEG BASS

more

1/2 KEG BECK'S

more

1/2 KEG BLUE MOON

more

1/2 KEG BODDINGTONS

more

1/2 KEG BROOKLYN BROWN

more

1/2 KEG BROOKLYN I.P.A.

more

1/2 KEG BROOKLYN LAGER

more

1/2 KEG BROOKLYN PENNANT ALE

more

1/2 KEG BROOKLYN WEISSE

more

1/2 KEG BUD LIGHT

more

1/2 KEG BUDWEISER

more

1/2 KEG CIDER JACK

more

1/2 KEG COORS LIGHT

more

1/2 KEG DINKERLACKER

more

1/2 KEG DOS EQUIS AMBER

more

1/2 KEG DOS EQUIS LAGER

more

1/2 KEG DOUBLE DIAMOND

more

1/2 KEG FOSTERS LAGER

more

1/2 KEG GUINNESS

more

1/2 KEG HARP

more

1/2 KEG HEINEKEN

more

1/2 KEG HOEGAARDEN

more

1/2 KEG J.W. DUNDEE'S

more

1/2 KEG KILLIANS RED

more

1/2 KEG LABATTS BLUE

more

1/2 KEG MAGIC HAT #9

more

1/2 KEG MICHELOB

more

1/2 KEG MICHELOB LT

more

1/2 KEG MICHELOB ULTRA

more

1/2 KEG MILLER GEN DRAFT

more

1/2 KEG MILLER LITE

more

1/2 KEG MOOSEHEAD

more

1/2 KEG NEW AMSTERDAM AMBER

more

1/2 KEG NEWCASTLE

more

1/2 KEG PAULANER LAGER

more

1/2 KEG PETE'S ALE

more

1/2 KEG PILSNER URQUELL

more

1/2 KEG RED HOOK

more

1/2 KEG ROLLING ROCK

more

1/2 KEG SAM ADAMS LAGER

more

1/2 KEG SARANAC LAGER

more

1/2 KEG SARANAC PALE ALE

more

1/2 KEG SIERRA NEVADA PALE

more

1/2 KEG SIERRA NEVADA PORTER

more

1/2 KEG SIERRA NEVADA STOUT

more

1/2 KEG SPATEN LAGER

more

1/2 KEG STELLA ARTOIS

more

1/2 KEG WARSTEINER

more

1/2 KEG WIDMER HEFEWEIZEN

more

1/2 KEG WOODPECKER

more

1/4 KEG BUD LIGHT

more

1/4 KEG BUDWEISER

more

1/4 KEG FRANZISKANER(30 LITER)

more

1/4 KEG SPATEN DARK(30 LITER)

more

1/4 KEG YUENGLING LAGER

Well there is no getting passed anyone on this board.. :biggrin: Since they are college friends I thought it would be good to remember the old days and try to cheap out on the beer.. While I am sure some of my friends will think I have gotten snobby if I serve anything other then bud.. I might try a Yuengling instead.. Thanks for steering me in the proper direction everyone..

Well there is no getting passed anyone on this board..  :biggrin:  Since they are college friends I thought it would be good to remember the old days and try to cheap out on the beer.. While I am sure some of my friends will think I have gotten snobby if I serve anything other then bud.. I might try a Yuengling instead.. Thanks for steering me in the proper direction everyone..

Good call D-man. Yuengling is perhaps the best cheap beer around!!!! Plus, it is the oldest brewery of the country!

Leave the gun, take the canoli

there's a supermarket on the UWS, on Amsterdam in the 80's i believe, that sells and delivers kegs through their normal delivery guys.. they have signs in the windows advertising such..

other than that, in my experience, you're probably out of luck etting something delivered tomorrow at this point..

you might be aware of this already, but there's now a $100 cash deposit on all kegs, and it has to be returned within 72 hours or so in order to get this back.. nys liquor laws are looking to reduce binge drinking..

there's a supermarket on the UWS, on Amsterdam in the 80's i believe, that sells and delivers kegs through their normal delivery guys..  they have signs in the windows advertising such.. 

other than that, in my experience, you're probably out of luck etting something delivered tomorrow at this point.. 

you might be aware of this already, but there's now a $100 cash deposit on all kegs, and it has to be returned within 72 hours or so in order to get this back..  nys liquor laws are looking to reduce binge drinking..

Haha.. Thats funny, telling someone they have 72 hours to finish a keg of beer wont promote binge drinking..

Well there is no getting passed anyone on this board..  :biggrin:  Since they are college friends I thought it would be good to remember the old days and try to cheap out on the beer.. While I am sure some of my friends will think I have gotten snobby if I serve anything other then bud.. I might try a Yuengling instead.. Thanks for steering me in the proper direction everyone..

Dude, serving your food with Bud would be like a wine connoisseur accompanying his finest wines with spam and day-old KFC. I've never eaten your food, but from the pictures -- your food deserves a helluva lot better. I'm glad you've reconsidered! :smile:

Well the place mentioned above is the only company that sells kegs that I have found. I walked Amerterdam and the 80's and did not find any place that sells kegs.. My only problem is I still need to find a place that has Sunday Deliveries.. If anyone knows of a place, it would be appreciated..

Or could someone tell me if I bought a keg today would it still be good tomorrow..

Two years ago at the Pig Pickin we bought a keg the night before it was being used. Not that I drink beer, but I understand it was fine the next day. Of course if you get it today, be sure you've got a way to keep it cold until tomorrow.

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

I believe we stuck the keg in a big bucket and poured ice over it. Maybe your bathtub would work?

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

I should have been more specific.. I really have no way besides putting bags of ice on it.

Cheap plastic garbage can, add keg, add ice = cold beer.

:raz:

Bruce Frigard

Quality control Taster, Château D'Eau Winery

"Free time is the engine of ingenuity, creativity and innovation"

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321