• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Book Signings, Including the Chez Panisse Event

Paula-

Will you be having any books signings nationwide? Any in Texas? How do these things get setup? Do you pick the places or is it mainly up to your publisher?

I regret but I won't be going to Texas for a book signing.

“C’est dans les vieux pots, qu’on fait la bonne soupe!”, or ‘it is in old pots that good soup is made’.

Just back from a blissful meal at Chez Panisse, featuring dishes from Paula's cookbook.

Paula, thank you again for a lovely evening; the dishes were scrumptious though we were unable to take pictures. Would you happen to have any photos of the Chez Panisse dishes?

The calendar event for this item is Here.

The menu:

Duck gizzard salad à la périgordine

Coquilles Saint Jacques with chestnuts and wild mushrooms

Braised Sonoma County Liberty duck leg and stuffed duck neck sausage with

red wine sauce and cornmeal cakes

Prune and Armagnac ice cream crêpes

Did any other eGullet members attend this event? I'd love to hear which were your favorite dishes on this menu.

Paula, this dinner was a book signing event. Do you often do this kind of thing involving a meal and a book signing? Do tell us more about how this was arranged.

So glad you liked the food. I thought it was absolutely wonderful. Two of my favorite chefs, David Tanis (see this months Saveur for a story about him) and Jean-Pierre Moulle (who's been cooking at Chez Panisse for 25 years) put out a stunning dinner. Several eguleteers were there -- Hest88, Carolyn Tillie, Irish Cream, Squeat Mungry. The room was sold out at both sittings and seemed happy. Unfortunately my cell-phone photos didn't come out well.Carolyn was quite active with her camera an d if her shots were good, I hope she'll post a few.

I'm doing lots of radio and print interviews to promote the book. And I will be in Philadelphia for the Book and Cook in March.

“C’est dans les vieux pots, qu’on fait la bonne soupe!”, or ‘it is in old pots that good soup is made’.

The calendar event for this item is Here. 

The menu: 

Duck gizzard salad à la périgordine

Coquilles Saint Jacques with chestnuts and wild mushrooms

Braised Sonoma County Liberty duck leg and stuffed duck neck sausage with

red wine sauce and cornmeal cakes

Prune and Armagnac ice cream crêpes

Did any other eGullet members attend this event? I'd love to hear which were your favorite dishes on this menu.

Paula, this dinner was a book signing event. Do you often do this kind of thing involving a meal and a book signing? Do tell us more about how this was arranged.

My publisher's publicists arranged this event as they did a similar event at Zuni. But I would never have agreed unless I had total confidence that the restaurants would present my dishes in a brilliant way. Both restaurants came through even beyond my expectations. For this I owe Judy Rodgers and Alice Waters an enormous debt. I've known them both for many years and deeply treasure their friendship.