• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I can only laugh at (most) US macrobreweries

alphaiii

Couldn't agree more.

Dunno who came up with this joke, but first occurence I've seen was from Monty Python's live performance at the Hollywood Bowl, when they did the "Bruce" skit, and had everone drinking Fosters, tossing a few cans to the audience, and explained that they had to bring their own beer because American beer is like having sex in a canoe. Fucking close to water. Old joke, but oh so true. Of course, same thing goes for Fosters, mind ya...

<-- Lifetime CAMRA member...

Couldn't agree more.

Dunno who came up with this joke, but first occurence I've seen was from Monty Python's live performance at the Hollywood Bowl, when they did the "Bruce" skit, and had everone drinking Fosters, tossing a few cans to the audience, and explained that they had to bring their own beer because American beer is like having sex in a canoe. Fucking close to water. Old joke, but oh so true. Of course, same thing goes for Fosters, mind ya...

Flavor Flav as expert witness? What a sad campaign!

Leave the gun, take the canoli

U.S. macrobrewery beers are for people who like to say they drink beer but really have no clue about what a good beer really is. Look what marketing has done for Coors and Busch, neither of which are even worth the effort to pick them up, in my opinion of course.

I'd rather drink a Corona (speaking of good marketing), so what does that say about American mainstream beers? Ahhh, Mexico...where the water is so clear you can drink right out of the rivers!!!!

U.S. macrobrewery beers are for people who like to say they drink beer but really have no clue about what a good beer really is. Look what marketing has done for Coors and Busch, neither of which are even worth the effort to pick them up, in my opinion of course.

I'd rather drink a Corona (speaking of good marketing), so what does that say about American mainstream beers? Ahhh, Mexico...where the water is so clear you can drink right out of the rivers!!!!

I've taken some beatings for my admissions that I drink Corona. But I'm with you. I would rather drink that than any weak American mainstream beer. So when I am somewhere that they only have Bud and Miller and all that stuff, I get Corona.

[Teeny Tiny Font]I also keep some in the house, especially for lawnmower beer purposes.[/Teeny Tiny Font]

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

Couldn't agree more.

Flavor Flav as expert witness? What a sad campaign!

Whaaaa...? I'm confused -- what does that mean, Flavor Flav? I know the guy's an old rapper, but how does that mean?

Whaaaa...? I'm confused -- what does that mean, Flavor Flav? I know the guy's an old rapper, but how does that mean?

Commercial in a courtroom setting, Miller Lite Vs. Bud Light, Flavor Flav testifies that ML is better, Bud lawyers object saying he's no authority, judge overrules the objection, saying "after all, he's called Flavor Flav."

Yes lame.Kind of implies Miller really knows ML has no taste (not that BL does, either).

I attended a conference at a plush motel at Disney World once and, at the end of the first day I sauntered on out to the poolside bar to partake in some libations. All they had were the usual culprits...Bud, Coors, Busch...and Corona. I ended up indulging in 4 Coronas, plus bought 2 for a fellow conference attendee, and when my bill came, that's when I found out they were $7.50 a bottle! That's right folks...$45 for a 6-pack of Corona!!!! But it still beat the other alternatives.

I attended a conference at a plush motel at Disney World once and, at the end of the first day I sauntered on out to the poolside bar to partake in some libations. All they had were the usual culprits...Bud, Coors, Busch...and Corona. I ended up indulging in 4 Coronas, plus bought 2 for a fellow conference attendee, and when my bill came, that's when I found out they were $7.50 a bottle! That's right folks...$45 for a 6-pack of Corona!!!! But it still beat the other alternatives.

Holy Shit!!!

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

Commercial in a courtroom setting, Miller Lite Vs. Bud Light, Flavor Flav testifies that ML is better, Bud lawyers object saying he's no authority, judge overrules the objection, saying "after all, he's called Flavor Flav."

Yes lame.Kind of implies Miller really knows ML has no taste (not that BL does, either).

I saw this commercial this weekend. Outside of his musical career, old Flavor Flav really hasn't made many good choices over the years. I say that, of course, without knowing how much he's being paid these commercials (or for the Surreal Life).

• 1 month later...