• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine Question

Paula,

Thanks for participating here. This Q and A is very imformative.

You mention how much you enjoy Pacherenc du Vic-Bilh, especially with garbure. I frequent a merchant that carries this wine, but only in its sweet form. I always assumed this was the only style of this wine. Were you drinking a dry version? what other foods are consummed with the dry version (assuming there is one).

Any other info on this wine would be appreciated. ie ageability, foods consummed with sweet version, etc

Thanks.

The Pacherence du Vic-Bilh served at Daguin's restaurant was a dry, slightly tangy yellow-white wine. Not sure of the grape varieties but it was a blend. I think you can find both types and more information on wine-searcher.com

“C’est dans les vieux pots, qu’on fait la bonne soupe!”, or ‘it is in old pots that good soup is made’.