• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Web Cams in Restaurants??

Basildog

• 4 weeks later...

Still having problems hosting my site, but have set the cam up with yahoo instant messenger so if any one wants to test it out, try finding me on yahoo (basildog68 screen name) or pm me and we will give it a shot ! :biggrin:

Members of a chat room I used to have *dinner* with online had suggested it to me some time ago. They knew Im a foodie and wanted lessons. I woulda done it were it not for technical limitations of stretching a USB cable from my upstairs office where my computer is to my first floor kitchen.

Go for it Basil!

Hi Basildog,

something is not letting me open your page,it shows on my computer shelf,but dosen't open?

can you post a link to it?

BTW mynamejoe is a top shelf chef if anyone is interested :cool:

Turnip Greens are Better than Nothing. Ask the people who have tried both.

Ha ha. Basildog waved at me. Much fun.

edit:

Very very nice place. Nice blue carpets and upper walls. Well laid tables. Wonderful looking wholemeal bread with sage and... Oh. I forget. Anyway, this is great. Thanks again, Basildog. I hope you get your site up soon.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

`Well that was a fun day playing with a web cam! Thanks all for dropping by.Will broadcast regularly from now on.The stainless steel counter is actually the top of a electric oven, we need a longer cable to get closer to the food.I'm on the stove on Friday, David was cooking tonight.Tina , was it a black hand or a white one.(it really is the easiest way to tell us apart).I,m white... Dave is black

I think the best way is too pm me your Yahoo ID name, and i will add you to the list of people to view cam.

I had a great day today, back on the stove for a change.Did a little web cast for a food chat room, prepping fish.good fun. :cool:

i'm ready for my close up now............ :raz:

Open yahoo messenger, first. You should gey a pop-up with a list of friends, basildog should be on it with an icon of a face next to it. If it's gray, he's not on-line. If it's yellow and smiling, double click on his name. The rest should be easy. If you still have trouble, just post again with any other questions.