• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

custom made molds

ladyyoung98

i dont know if this is the place to post this so if its not im hoping it will be moved to the appropriate forum...

however my problem is this:

its easy enough to find chocolate molds that have varying shapes and sizes, but what if you find a mold tray that has several different items in the same mold tray and you want to locate molds that have the exact same shape, for instance one of my favortie molds has a cameo rose, but it also has two other items in the same mold sheet, for a total of 12 cavities. now i do like all three of them but want to locate each one in a mold that has just those single shapes.. thus far ive not been able to locate what im looking for.

does anybody know of a supplier or some other resource that could take the single mold sheet ive got and create three differet ones, one item per tray?

Edited by ladyyoung98 (log)

a recipe is merely a suggestion

First I'd like to try to explain that there are different types of molds one can use with chocolate.

The type most often seen in retail stores are like these molds. They tend to be under aprox. $4.00 per sheet and the plastic sheet is somewhat flexible.

Then theres what are considered professional grade chocolate molds as seen here. These molds are hard rigid plastic molds and they retail around $20.00 per.

So which type of mold are you asking about?

The wisest thing to do is to try to locate more of the type you already have. Because the cost of comissioning custom chocolate molds is supprisingly expensive. Plus the designs your looking to reproduce may be copyrighted and therefore not something another company can copy for you.

Is there a manufactures name stamped into the mold anywhere? If so, I'd try to track down that mold by searching the molds of that manufactor. If that leads to a dead end, I suggest you do a web search on chocolate molds, there must be hundreds if not thousands of companies that sell chocolate molds.