• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cafe D'Lite

BastilaShan

Cafe D' Lite is one of our favourite places for eating Hainanese Chicken and Lahksa. They also have a delicious Beef Brisket. As far as I know the new location that they are moving to is still closed. A couple days ago we just tried their phone # to get some new info without any luck.

Many people I know also enjoy the Banana Leaf. But we prefer Cafe D' Lite.

haven't been to cafe d'lite in ages. was good when we were there.

if you do banana leaf, do the one on broadway. my experience with the denman location is that it's "whiteyfied". the menu is also smaller at the denman location.

if you are craving malaysian food, also try kedah house on fraser and 41st. stellar home cooked meals and a very good value.

Quentina

Havn't been to D'light but I have been to Banana Leaf and really enjoyed the food there. I was shocked to find out there's a new one opening around bayswater and broadway.

I really like the SeaBass at banana leaf but with the recent almost-extinction of sea bass I've had to stop ordering it.

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

Is Cafe D'Lite closed right now then?

Thanks

Cafe D' Lite is one of our favourite places for eating Hainanese Chicken and Lahksa.  They also have a delicious Beef Brisket.  As far as I know the new location that they are moving to is still closed.  A couple days ago we just tried their phone # to get some new info without any luck.

Many people I know also enjoy the Banana Leaf.  But we prefer Cafe D' Lite.

Is Cafe D'Lite closed right now then?

Thanks

Cafe D' Lite is one of our favourite places for eating Hainanese Chicken and Lahksa.  They also have a delicious Beef Brisket.  As far as I know the new location that they are moving to is still closed.  A couple days ago we just tried their phone # to get some new info without any luck.

Many people I know also enjoy the Banana Leaf.  But we prefer Cafe D' Lite.

Yes, they closed a few months back and are moving to a new spot. Not sure where the new location will be but they said they wanted to stay around the same area.

• 2 weeks later...