• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Casa Noble Tequila

alphaiii

I was out to dinner at a nice Mexican restaurant tonight and had the opportunity to try Casa Noble Crystal (a silver) and Reposado - so of course I didn't pass it up, and I drank some tequila.

All I can say is WOW!. I am so impressed with these tequilas. Incredibly smooth without sacrificing any flavor. I have to say I'm a little partial to reposados in general, and there is no exception here. But the silver is damn good too. If you enjoy good tequila and ever have a chance to try these - do so. You won't be disappointed.

On a side note, I also tried Herradura Silver, which was suprisingly good (I wasn't overly impressed with the Herradura reposado). It's just as flavorful as the Casa Noble, but not as smooth. Knowing I can get the Herradura as low as $26 a bottle, it may become a new staple in my house.

Unfortunately for me, pressures of grad school exams kept me from sampling alot of the others I saw sitting behind the bar....calling my name....

Edited by alphaiii (log)