• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Working in Seattle

I am heading up this weekend to hunt down a job and see the wife.. I will be going up a few more times before my culinary education is done in March here in Phoenix. Where would you suggest a fresh out of school, dedicated student, with dreams of greatness, and passion to follow through find a great P&B job. Leaning towards breads or dessert type sweets, with an artistic touch... I am building a list for my next visit... Thanks in advance...

Bill

Eats in W. Seattle has consistently good baking - I really enjoy it. Reports from someone who worked there from startup until recently didn't feel there was a lot of growth/experimentation potential, but thought the owner/chef(s) were easy to work for.

E

thanks to all for the suggestions, and the PM's... The top two from this trip were Dahlia and Tall Grass.. my Feb trip will hopefully be a formal interview at both, as well as Essential, and a few yet to be determined... The stops for this trip included Besalu, Dahlia, Tall Grass, Macrina, Frans, Amore Chocolates (a few doors down from Frans) Essential (corp was closed) and a few catering companies...

Thanks again for all the suggestions....

• 3 weeks later...