• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Katz's Delicatessen

http://www.katzdeli.com/presentation.html

My Father forwarded this link to me. If you want a taste of the real thing, no offense to anyone out here, but come on. They send it next day air and offer the Corned Beef and Pastrami sliced or in whole briskets-wowowowowowowowow!!!!!!!

gallery_30892_2038_140234.jpg

gallery_30892_2038_16427.jpg

Corned Beef, Pastrami, Bagels, Bialys, hard salami and rye bread

Good Eating,

Molto E

Edited by molto e (log)

Eliot Wexler aka "Molto E"

MoltoE@restaurantnoca.com

What great news! There is very little out here besides Boar's Head so a genuine NY deli selection will be fabulous! Hmmmm, I usually keep a fridge full for Thanksgiving (house full of family) so perhaps this will be a good choice!

Once again Molto, you rock!

The best thing that I have eaten lately was Katz's pastrami-absolutely succulent. I forgot to order the deckle cut of the corned beef and it was a little lean, but the pastrami-ohhhhhh. Do not forget to order their rye bread as it makes the sandwich.

Good Eating,

Molto E

I was trying to get a friend to send me some pastrami - they apparently do send to the military overseas, but not - alas - to the English.

Go figure.

"Gimme a pig's foot, and a bottle of beer..." Bessie Smith

Flickr Food

"111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321" Bruce Frigard 'Winesonoma' - RIP

I was trying to get a friend to send me some pastrami - they apparently do send to the military overseas, but not - alas - to the English.

Go figure.

Moby,

The only thing that they send overseas is a salami, because it has a much longer shelf life. When you order the corned beef or pastrami, they say 3-4 days before you have to freeze them.

Molto E

Shove that pastrami on a popsicle stick, throw it in the freezer, and send it to me!

A pastramicle!

Edited by MobyP (log)

"Gimme a pig's foot, and a bottle of beer..." Bessie Smith

Flickr Food

"111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321" Bruce Frigard 'Winesonoma' - RIP