• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The NY Ultra-Luxe Websites

oakapple

I've previously mentioned that Vong was the only restaurant in Jean-Georges Vongerichten's vast New York empire that is on OpenTable. I noticed yesterday that JoJo has recently been added.

I don't know if each restaurant makes this decision independently, or if there's someone at corporate pulling the strings. I also wonder whether they see OpenTable as a sign of things to come, or if they've joined because tables are going unsold.

I've previously mentioned that Vong was the only restaurant in Jean-Georges Vongerichten's vast New York empire that is on OpenTable. I noticed yesterday that JoJo has recently been added.

I don't know if each restaurant makes this decision independently, or if there's someone at corporate pulling the strings. I also wonder whether they see OpenTable as a sign of things to come, or if they've joined because tables are going unsold.

JGV has been using OpenTable at all its locations for years now, but due to technical issues with their networks each restaurant may be unable to offer tables online. In fact, Vong in Chicago was one of the very first restaurants on Opentable.com when it went live in 1999.

66, Bank Jean Georges (Dallas), Jean Georges, JoJo, Mercer Kitchen, Nougatine

Perry Street, Spice Market, V Steakhouse, Vong & Vong's Thai Kitchen (Chicago) are all on the OpenTable system.

JoJo, Vong, Bank Jean-Georges, & Vong's Thai Kitchen are all on the OpenTable.com website.