• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Heading to Reading

DTBarton

I am going to Reading, PA later this month and would like to get any suggestions for good eats, nothing fancy.

I'll be there overnight, looking for a good meal in the afternoon/evening and maybe a breakfast spot for the morning.

Thanks much.

I am going to Reading, PA later this month and would like to get any suggestions for good eats, nothing fancy. 

I'll be there overnight, looking for a good meal in the afternoon/evening and maybe a breakfast spot for the morning.

Thanks much.

try this website ... Berks County Dining. there are lots of restaurants, some with website links. i've been to the crab barn before. it's pretty good. everything tastes better in a barn. :)

let us know if you find anything good!

"The perfect lover is one who turns into pizza at 4am."

Charles Pierce

When I was in college we used to drive out to the Reading Airport, as there was a great wing place right in the airport...I think it was something like the Wild Wing Cafe, but I am not sure if it is still there? Does anyone know if this place is still around?

Thanks much.

i've been to the crab barn before.  it's pretty good.  everything tastes better in a barn. :)

Do you get to tour the crab stables? See the crabs running free in the pasture? I mean, they are free range crabs, aren't they?

my favorite is the crab milking. teeeeeeny tinnnnnny littttttle stoooools and buckets.

"The perfect lover is one who turns into pizza at 4am."

Charles Pierce

i've been to the crab barn before.  it's pretty good.  everything tastes better in a barn. :)

Do you get to tour the crab stables? See the crabs running free in the pasture? I mean, they are free range crabs, aren't they?

my favorite is the crab milking. teeeeeeny tinnnnnny littttttle stoooools and buckets.

The insurance company made them close the crab petting zoo.

Charlie, the Main Line Mummer

We must eat; we should eat well.

The insurance company made them close the crab petting zoo.

You people are sick. Sick! SICK!

Please continue.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"