• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New books from elBulli: 2003-2004

pedro

Two new volumes packed together coming from elBulli have appeared: elBulli 2003 and elBulli 2004. It seems that Adrià and his team are going to continue the exposition of their work and releasing periodically the books which describe it.

Right now, just the Spanish version is available, but I assume there must be plans to translate it to English and French.

More info at elBulli's site.

PedroEspinosa (aka pedro)

• 2 months later...
has anyone tried to order from the website?

I just got the book which I ordered straight from the website. It's very bare-bones and I was concerned that the order had not gone through, especially since I am in a different country. All said and done, the transaction went smoothly, and I got the book in a very timely manner.

The books themselves are awesome. They have a lot more information and pictures about technique and their more recent styles. I found the 2003 book to be more interesting and accessible, as the 2004 is very heavy on the liquid nitrogen, which for the avid home cook is still not very attainable.

The CD ROM is also somewhat improved, making it easier to navigate between recipes without having to hit the "Back" button all the time.

Arley Sasson