• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where do you find xxx

Jake

Thought I would start here. Chef Eddy van Damme has a recipe for raspberry-flavored chocolate couverture using freeze-dried raspberry powder. I can't seem to find such a product in Qzina or online for McCall's...doesn't mean they don't have it.

Can someone point me in the correct direction for a freeze-dried fruit powder? Thanks. Anywhere in Ontario would do fine for mail-order...or Canada for that matter.

ps. Phoned McCall's on Monday, got a mature adult and got some excellent needed information. Thanks again Kerry.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Thought I would start here. Chef Eddy van Damme has a recipe for raspberry-flavored chocolate couverture using freeze-dried raspberry powder. I can't seem to find such a product in Qzina or online for McCall's...doesn't mean they don't have it.

Can someone point me in the correct direction for a freeze-dried fruit powder? Thanks. Anywhere in Ontario would do fine for mail-order...or Canada for that matter.

ps. Phoned McCall's on Monday, got a mature adult and got some excellent needed information. Thanks again Kerry.

Two well-known suppliers of freeze-dried fruits are Terra Spice Company and Just Tomatoes. Neither one is in Canada, though. I've had some luck with taking freeze-dried strawberries from Metro and buzzing them through my coffee grinder, so if you can find whole freeze-dried raspberries, it might be worth a shot...

Matthew Kayahara

Kayahara.ca

@mtkayahara

Thanks for the information, mkayahara.

So many wonderful products are available...but not in Canada. Pity.

I'll think about your idea of buzzing freeze dried strawberries... :smile:

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

I get freeze dried raspberries from European Freeze Dry www.europeanfreezedry.com and they do raspberry powder and I think they ship worldwide - its worth a try. It comes under Home Ingredients.

Pam Brunning Editor Food & Wine, the Journal of the European & African Region of the International Wine & Food Society

My link