• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant Blue

JWest

A new restaurant opened in Englewood on Demarest Ave and Engle Street, a place which has had several incarnations, the original being the Jane Dooner many years ago. I believe the new place has "Blue"in the name; Any reports?

Ate there this past August, one very steamy evening. The place is EXTREMELY popular, and reservations ( made way in advance, of course) must be confirmed the afternoon of your dining. The staff is quite professional about this, and actually make an effort to reach you if you somehow forget.

The torrid night we were there, condensate from the wimpy A/C was dripping on the floor near the waiting area, and staff was so busy that they seemed not to notice. We only had to wait a few minutes, though, and the rest of the evening (food & service) was fine.

I can't say I'm a big fan of this place, though, because the noise factor really detracted from our enjoyment. It was so loud that we had problems hearing one another without shouting.

I'm not sure whether "Blue" has closed for the season yet, but if the place is still open, you'll probably suffer neither the heat nor the noise which we experienced. It's a place many folks simply must try (like "Yellow Fin"), so by all means check it out...

--Soda