• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: bergerka - An opera about cooking, with pictures

bergerka

Tonight? You'll just have to wait and SEE. :raz:

Hmmmm....Meat orgy dare I guess rodizio(spl) :wink:

Or Peter Luger? A pastrami on rye from Katz's? Craft with no sides, all meat? :wink:

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007

Daniel and M.X. Hassett nailed it. :biggrin:

MEAT MEAT MEAT.

It's going to be me and three guys, which is just about appropriate.

Ok, screw it...it's 3:18 pm and I need chocolate. The woman down the hall has little teeny Nestle Crunch bars - a huge weakness of mine. :wub:

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

Is Rodizio(?) one of those Brazilian churrascaria?

Would you miniate churrascaria for the rubes in the durbar?

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

I love this place:Fogo e Brasa one of our local Brazilian chirascaria. Be sure to go with an empty stomach and a hankering for some delicious meats! I really love the cheese biscuits (pao de queijo). Dense and light and cheesy all at the same time. Of course, you must have the Caipirinha to drink. Yummy. Hopefully you can take some pix of the delicious offerings! It is important to strategize, for those who are uninitiated. The all-you-can-eat buffet is tempting, but the highlight is really the meats so don't fill up too much on the buffet! You can always go get some more of something that tasted yummy or looked good once you get going on the meat. Oh, and no tight pants either.

Harumph, now I want to go out to Fogo e Brasa for dinner. Vicarious living, once again!

ETA: correct cheese biscuit name!

Edited by Genny (log)

Tonight? You'll just have to wait and SEE. :raz:

Hmmmm....Meat orgy dare I guess rodizio(spl) :wink:

Or Peter Luger? A pastrami on rye from Katz's? Craft with no sides, all meat? :wink:

The evidence is contained within this blog :wink:

DOH! Serves me right for not reading back...can't wait to hear all about it!

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

I hope their food is as good as their website is annoying! Holy zounds that thing stings my sensibilities.

Was it the spelling ("two coarse meal") or the Brazilian flag perpetually waving behind the text that got your goat? :wink:

But just look at all that meat! :wub:

Queenie Takes Manhattan

I hope their food is as good as their website is annoying! Holy zounds that thing stings my sensibilities.

Was it the spelling ("two coarse meal") or the Brazilian flag perpetually waving behind the text that got your goat? :wink:

Maybe it was the repetitive 8 second loop of music.

Edit: to fix my own spelling

Edited by M.X.Hassett (log)

Maybe it was the repetitive 8 second loup of music.

I have my computer on mute! I'll have to go back and check it out now...

ETA: Oh, yeah, that's annoying, too. But the meat still looks meaty!

Edited by Megan Blocker (log)

Queenie Takes Manhattan

But just look at all that meat!  :wub:

I live in Nebraska. My lesbian friends take me dancing at a gay bar. Two of my military jobs are circumcisions and administering drug tests.

I have seen enough meat in my life.

Now if it were a bacon restaurant...

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

mmmmmm coarse meal...sounds delicious! :wub:

"coarse meal" makes me think of eating in an infantry dining hall...

I live in Nebraska. My lesbian friends take me dancing at a gay bar. Two of my military jobs are circumcisions and administering drug tests.

Well, now you've gone and made things all double-entendre-y. :wink: Naughty, naughty.

Mmmmm...bacon. A bacon restaurant. More :wub: .

Queenie Takes Manhattan

that is the funniest thing I've read all day!!! LOL! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Circumcisions?

:shock::blink:

I'm not gonna ask.

I'm not gonna ask.

I'm not gonna ask.

Fine, jsolomon...more roasted juicy rare delicious MEAT for ME Then.

And Genny - oh hell yes, caipirinhas for me!

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

[And Genny - oh hell yes, caipirinhas for me!

K

Good girl, resiliency is not a trait of the weak!

Question: How the hell does one navigate the subway when returning in a slightly buzzed capacity? Friends help with the door-2-door naviagation? Or do you just take a cab? (I always have my dearest Honey as the DD :wub: )

I really love the cheese biscuits (is that the farofa?).  Dense and light and cheesy all at the same time.  Of course, you must have the Caipirinha to drink

The cheese things are pão de queijo (literally, "cheese bread"). Farofa is that plate of coarse powder that comes as a side. I can never remember the name of the root it's made from, but I think it's manioc root (?).

Speaking of roots, Churrascaria Tropical makes particularly delicious fried yucca. I don't know how they do it--it's so much better than any fried yucca I've had anywhere else.

Naturally, I'm going to be a participant in tonight's meat orgy, and I can't wait. I've been eating and drinking so little lately, I'm feeling undernourished.

My restaurant blog: Mahlzeit!

Thanks Eric, I just found that on the site of a local place I may try tonight and corrected my post. Those things are dangerous, I could fill up on them alone!

Poor thing, I bet you are just wasting away. Sam should go away more often, eh?