• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Great pastry in Atlanta?

RuthWells

Joel Atunes was the pastry chef at The Ritz and opened his own shop called Jöel. It's nice, here's a link to a review.

Joel

The restaurants website with info on Chef Joel

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

• 1 month later...

I recently went to Atlanta and stopped at Alon's based on a recommendation from one of these threads and it was great! We don't have anything like that where I"m from. Also, on a tip from one of these threads, I went to Dekalb Farmer's Market. I LOVE that place!!! It will now be on my must do list every time I'm in Atlanta. (My parents live there, so I visit fairly often.) I wish there was something like that closer to me. (Gulf Coast Mississippi.) Anyhow, thanks to whoever it was for the recommendations.

on a tip from one of these threads, I went to Dekalb Farmer's Market.  I LOVE that place!!!  It will now be on my must do list every time I'm in Atlanta.

thread here on the DeKalb Farmer's Market and I must agree with you that it is a wonderful place! :biggrin:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"