• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Italian markets in Scottsdale/Phoenix

Anyone know of a good place to get quality Italian ingredients in Scottsdale or the Phoenix area in general? I really miss the italian markets from the northeast. In particular right now I'm looking for some decent ricotta.

Anyone know of a good place to get quality Italian ingredients in Scottsdale or the Phoenix area in general?  I really miss the italian markets from the northeast.  In particular right now I'm looking for some decent ricotta.

De Falco's Italian Grocery - (480) 990-8660 - 2334 N Scottsdale Rd Ste A133

Guido's Chicago Meat & Deli - (602) 951-0636 - 10893 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ

Sportsman's Fine Wines-Spirits - (602) 955-7730 - 3205 E Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ

Cheuvront Wine & Cheese Experience - (602) 307-0022 - 1326 N Central Ave,

The top two seem to be the best Italian markets for Phoenix. If you are just looking for ricotta give the other two a call because they have a good cheese selection

Molto E

Eliot Wexler aka "Molto E"

MoltoE@restaurantnoca.com

Anyone know of a good place to get quality Italian ingredients in Scottsdale or the Phoenix area in general?  I really miss the italian markets from the northeast.  In particular right now I'm looking for some decent ricotta.

Romanelli's near the corner of 35th Avenue on Dunlap Avenue. It's 3437 W. Dunlap. The moment you walk in the door the smells will take you right back home! It's a typical east coast Italian deli with the meats and cheeses hanging from the ceiling and fresh and plentiful cases of all the Italian specialties. I go there frequently for their family made Italian sausage and my monthly chunk of Parmigiano-Reggiano. I'm sure their ricotta is good as well.

• 2 months later...

Former Mesa resident here, now living in Tucson. We used to frequent an Italian grocery/deli/pizzeria called Sanguigni's, located on the SW corner of Power/McKellips. They were going to move soon after we were leaving, but I believe they were planning to stay in Mesa. Don't remember the intersection to which they were planning to move, but I'll bet they're in the phone book. I know you're looking for a place in Scottsdale or Phoenix, but I guarantee that they're worth the drive over, if you have the time. Fresh pasta, amazing Italian pastries and cookies, and a terrific wine section. Sanguigni's is one of the things we miss most about the East Valley.

In vino veritas.