• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO: The Ultimate Choc. Chip & PB Cookies

Kim Shook

Just wanted to let anyone who remembers my search for chewy peanut butter cookies that I took the last bag of cookies (made and frozen mid November) for Super Bowl Sunday and they were fantastic.  Still chewy and had lots of peanut butter flavor.  I was really thrilled.  I have found my peanut butter cooky!!!

What recipe did you finally use?

Ilene

Thanks for the ideas - I will try them and let everyone know the results.  I have made the Toll House recipe and it just doesn't do it for me.

Me neither. It is too cakey. It was one of Jeffrey Steingarten's complaints about the recipe. He did use it, however, as a starting point for making his "Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe So Far." :smile:

It is pretty good (much better than Toll House imo).

Alan

Edited by A Patric (log)

Just wanted to let anyone who remembers my search for chewy peanut butter cookies that I took the last bag of cookies (made and frozen mid November) for Super Bowl Sunday and they were fantastic.  Still chewy and had lots of peanut butter flavor.  I was really thrilled.  I have found my peanut butter cooky!!!

What recipe did you finally use?

Beanie, here's the recipe: Almost the Best Peanut Butter Cooky. An important note is that you have to use a name brand peanut butter chip - the store brands taste butterscotchy, not peanut buttery.