• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best List

canucklehead

On the Vancouver thread the list of Enroute's Canada's 10 best restaurants was posted and Montreal has the lion's share of them Here's the List

Number one was Garcon - besides seeing it on FoodTv's Opening Soon - I don't here much mention of it. I am glad it is doing well - the owners seem like good people.

Just curious if the list makes sense to Montrealers.

not to my tastes

flavor combinations were a mess which i find always with nuevo latino food

but lesley - to be serious in no stretch of a fantasie can they be best anything

this reminds me of BU being on the list last year - of BEST RESTAURANTS. a joke again. there is not a lot of food on the menu there unless you count charcuterie

i will check out O CHALET but i never herd of it

what did you think of garcon? i have had many lunches there no dinner due to work but thank god the money for the food is not from my pocket

forgot to say that for me thuet is incredible the 2x i ate there.

for sure now raza and garcon will not have trouble filling their seats this winter

also to give kudos bronte the food did not go down since the award they did a good job going from empty to full every night doing top top quality

Edited by Vinfidel (log)

i'm so pleased Raza was mentioned! i felt so sorry for this fantastic little place when we were there in march? february? (some cold month anyway) and we were the only diners... i hope this list fills the tables.

and i suppose this belongs on the Quebec city thread but i was SO excited to see the Quebec city spread in the gazette today - the new restaurant scene in Montreal is so blah, that i can't wait to try innovative cuisine in QC.