• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Orange Bitters @ DiBruno Bros.

An acquaintance from my drinking days at the "old" Khyber Pass, Matt, now works at DiBruno Bros. in the 9th Steet store. When I was in last weekend, he was kind enough to let me know that the store had overordered Fee Brothers Orange Bitters. They're priced to sell ($3.99). Surprise: I didn't even know DB's sold bitters at all. I grabbed three, and he asked me to spread the word.

If you run into him in the 9th Street store, be sure to ask him about his "spirited" book that's soon to appear...

An acquaintance from my drinking days at the "old" Khyber Pass, Matt, now works at DiBruno Bros. in the 9th Steet store.  When I was in last weekend, he was kind enough to let me know that the store had overordered Fee Brothers Orange Bitters.  They're priced to sell ($3.99).  Surprise: I didn't even know DB's sold bitters at all.  I grabbed three, and he asked me to spread the word.

If you run into him in the 9th Street store, be sure to ask him about his "spirited" book that's soon to appear...

Anyone know if they have a web site? I can't seem to find orange bitters at all here in Seattle, and yearn for them!!

Richard W. Mockler

Seattle

I will, in fact, eat anything once.

Anyone know if they have a web site? I can't seem to find orange bitters at all here in Seattle, and yearn for them!!

You can also order direct from Fee Brothers. You can't do it from their website (www.feebrothers.com), I don't even think they take credit cards -- but they will take an order by phone, ship it (even just one or two bottles) and send you can invoice.

Bob Libkind aka "rlibkind"

Robert's Market Report

You can get Gary Regans orange bitters here  http://www.buffalotrace.com/home2.html  go to giftshop, foods, mixers.

I'll second the recommendation for Gary Regan's orange bitters. We gave our Fees bitters away to some unsuspecting cocktail newbies after getting ahold of Gary's. They seem to have a lot more zing than the Fees.

KathyM

DeLaurentis at the Pike Place Market has a good selection of bitters. They had all the Fee Brothers as well as Peychauds. Maybe they carry Gary Regan's too.

KathyM

Our own Lisa1349 of DiBruno's was kind enough to turn me onto some of the other Fee flavors when I ordered the regular and Orange bitters for the bar at Amada (I use the Orange Bitters to garnish the "All About My Mother" - a pineapple infused Cachaca Sour). The Peach bitters are AWESOME!!! I took that bottle home with me and am contemplating various bourbon or rye based concoctions with those. The mint bitters unfortunately taste like mouthwash with Fernet Branca in it to me. Not so crazy about those. I can't even imagine what the intended application for those would be, except maybe in Mojitos. But they're nasty to me anyhow. Blech! YMMV - I loathe Fernet Branca and others swoon about it, so go figure.

I've never tried Gary Regan's bitters, and I'm sure they're excellent. I do like to support my local retailers though, so I like giving the business to DiBruno's. The Orange bitters are delicious and $3.99 is great price. Snap these up whilst ye may, folks. A lot easier than ordering them from Fee's and waiting for the mail to come. :cool:

PS - mrbigjas' suggestion of a martini with a real measure of vermouth and Orange bitters sounds divine. They're also fabulous in a Manhattan or a Champagne cocktail instead of Angostura or regular Fee bitters.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol