• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine Tastings

Felice

La Dernière Goûte, a beautiful little wine shop in the 6th, has started their tasting series again where they invite two wine makers to give a tasting. It takes place every Saturday from 11h00-13:30 and again from 16:00 to 19:00. It’s a fun way to sample some really great wine and meet the wine maker.

Here is the next two weeks schedule:

October 29 Château Ste Anne (Bandol)

Domaine les Aurelles (Coteaux du Languedoc)

November 5 Domaine la Tour Vielle (Collioure, Banyuls)

Clos de l’Anhel (Corbières)

I will post the next two next week. They have winemakers scheduled until January.

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

I am trying to get a Saturday layover so I can go to one. I went to their Calvados tasting in April, it was great!

Edited by raisab (log)

Paris is a mood...a longing you didn't know you had, until it was answered.

-An American in Paris

• 2 weeks later...
Are there any more this month?  I'd love to attend!

Yes, they are every Saturday until January I think. If you look in the events (which is up at the top of the forum) I have posted the entire schedule for November. I'll be adding December's events soon.

Tell them that I sent you :smile:

Phyllis,

Could you also post the January schedule when it becomes available?

Please let us know if you discover any notable wines.

Best regards,

Henry

Henry,

So far they only have tasting scheduled through December 31. I'm sure I will stop by there at some point this weekend and will let you know if they are planning on continuing in January.

• 3 months later...
Phyllis,

Could you also post the January schedule when it becomes available?

Please let us know if you discover any notable wines.

Best regards,

Henry

I just posted a few wine tastings for March in the events section but wanted to add that the Dernière Goûte will be having their free Saturday tastings with the wine maker again in March, but they didn't have their schedule ready yet as of Monday. As soon as I have it, I will post it.

Edited by Felice (log)

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder about the tasting at Cave Augé on Saturday, April 29.

I went to the last one a few weeks ago which featured wines from Languedoc Roussillon and it was amazing. There were about 15 different wine makers present, each serving several wines. This time it's wine makers from the Loire.

More details here

• 9 months later...
I wanted to try the tasting at La Dernière Goûte this weekend, but from something I read on the internet just now, it looks like they don't do it in January/Feb?  Any other suggestions on similar weekend afternoon tastings?

Thanks!

The Dernière Goûte still has an informal tasting on Saturdays but not with the winemaker. The next scheduled tasting with a wine maker will be (I just called)

March 10 Domaine Gonon (SAINT-JOSEPH)

Caves du Panthéon in the 5th has informal tastings on Saturdays as well and I am sure there are others.

Lavinia had public tastings on Fridays and Saturdays--as opposed to the courses they offer--but I just checked their site and don't see anything listed. I will give them a call too and if they still offer them will add them to this list.

Lavinia had public tastings on Fridays and Saturdays--as opposed to the courses they offer--but I just checked their site and don't see anything listed. I will give them a call too and if they still offer them will add them to this list.

Thanks, Felice! But, don't go to the trouble of calling about on my account. It was just that Pierre45's post reminded me that I had wanted to try one of the Saturday wine tastings, so I'm going to try and get over there this Saturday or next for the informal tasting the Dernière Goûte.

52 martinis blog

@52martinis

• 2 weeks later...
Any other suggestions on similar weekend afternoon tastings?

Thanks!

I was just looking at Legrand's site and it seems that they now have free tastings on Saturdays, although not all. The next one is

Feb 24 Domaine Feuduccio (Italie, Abruzzes)

The March list isn't available yet.

Legrand

Filles et Fils

1 rue de la Banque

75002 Paris

• 2 months later...

I went to the Rhone Valley tasting today at the Cave Augé and if you haven’t ever been to one of their tastings, I would really recommend going. There were 20 wine makers there today from the Rhone, all natural wine makers as far as I know --Dard et Ribo, Thierry Allemand, Domaine Gramenon, Marcoux and others that I am not that familiar with. The whole event takes place just outside the shop, with the wine makers there serving several of their wines on big oak barrels. It’s a lot of fun and a great way to taste numerous wines from one wine maker.

I went to the Rhone Valley tasting today at the Cave Augé and if you haven’t ever been to one of their tastings, I would really recommend going.  There were 20 wine makers there today from the Rhone, all natural wine makers as far as I know --Dard et Ribo, Thierry Allemand, Domaine Gramenon, Marcoux and others that I am not that familiar with.  The whole event takes place just outside the shop, with the wine makers there serving several of their wines on big oak barrels.  It’s a lot of fun and a great way to taste numerous wines from one wine maker.

Lucky FElice .Souds like a great event

Thierry Allemand and domaine gramenon are top notch.Did they offer any wines from cornas?

Thierry Allemand and domaine gramenon are top notch.Did they offer any wines from cornas?

Yes, they had the Cornas Chaillots 2004, Cornas Reynards 2004 and Cornas sans SO2 2004 from Thierry Allemand.

They also had several Cornas from Pierre Clape.

The next event will be the Loire on June 2.

Yes, they had the Cornas Chaillots 2004, Cornas Reynards 2004 and Cornas sans SO2 2004 from Thierry Allemand.

They also had several Cornas from Pierre Clape.

The next event will be the Loire on June 2.

Wow.I wish i was there.I am so jealous.

IS there any discussions of the wines by the tasters and the wine makers?

• 3 weeks later...

The Caves Augés will hold another free tasting this Saturday with 18 different wine makers from the Loire Valley.

Wine makers include : Domaine de Bellivière, Domaine du Bois Lucas, Domaine Bourdin, Briseau, Domaine Pierre and Catherine Breton, Clos des Roches, Thierry Puzelat, Clos du Tue Bœuf, Domaine Jean Maupertuis, Domaine Les Capraides, Domaine de Montrieux, Domaine du Moulin, Domaine Paul Prieur Domaine les Vins Contés, Château Yvonne, Sébastien David, Brasserie La Pigeonnelle, Domaine Frantz Saumon.

If you are in Paris this weekend, this is really an exceptional event.

11am-7pm, Caves Augés, 116 blvd Haussman, Paris 8th.

The Caves Augés will hold another free tasting this Saturday with 18 different wine makers from the Loire Valley. 

Wine makers include :  Domaine de Bellivière, Domaine du Bois Lucas, Domaine Bourdin, Briseau, Domaine Pierre and Catherine Breton, Clos des Roches, Thierry Puzelat, Clos du Tue Bœuf, Domaine Jean Maupertuis, Domaine Les Capraides, Domaine de Montrieux, Domaine du Moulin, Domaine Paul Prieur Domaine les Vins Contés, Château Yvonne, Sébastien David, Brasserie La Pigeonnelle, Domaine Frantz Saumon.

Sigh...

I wish I was in Paris right now!

Are there any websites that offer listings/schedules of wine tastings in Paris? There's a great site named LocalWineEvents.com in the US that shows, as its name suggests, all the region wine tastings and dinners.

I'll be in Paris from the 3rd to the 8th of July and am looking forward to tastings and fine dinners while there.

Cheers! :cool:

Sigh...

I wish I was in Paris right now!

Are there any websites that offer listings/schedules of wine tastings in Paris? 

Not that I know of and I am fairly sure this is the last tasting for Augé this year.

La Derniere Goute has tastings with the winemaker every Saturday and Legrand and Lavinia have weekly events as well. Unfortunately things might start to slow down in July. I will try to post some more wine events in the next week or so....

Phyllis, I must admit, I clean forgot and then was jealous I missed it. But you must report on your findings.

John

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

Phyllis, I must admit, I clean forgot and then was jealous I missed it.  But you must report on your findings.

John

I’m sorry to make you even more jealous but it really was a great event. The weather was perfect and the atmosphere very laid back and fun. Where else could you find 17 artisanal wine makers happily talking about their wines and letting you taste at least 4-5 different wines—all for free.

Here’s Hervé Villemade discussing his Cheverny acacias 2005

gallery_7346_2115_39005.jpg

I also recognized many people from Paris’s food community, including Yves Camdeborde, Hugo Desnoyer, and various people from wine bars/shops around town.

Phyllis, I must admit, I clean forgot and then was jealous I missed it.  But you must report on your findings.

John

I’m sorry to make you even more jealous but it really was a great event. The weather was perfect and the atmosphere very laid back and fun. Where else could you find 17 artisanal wine makers happily talking about their wines and letting you taste at least 4-5 different wines—all for free.

Here’s Hervé Villemade discussing his Cheverny acacias 2005

gallery_7346_2115_39005.jpg

I also recognized many people from Paris’s food community, including Yves Camdeborde, Hugo Desnoyer, and various people from wine bars/shops around town.

Oh, that's just mean. :wink:

A few friends went and loved it. I can't wait for my trip!

• 4 months later...

If you are lucky enough to be in Paris tomorrow, there's another wine tasting at Caves Augé, with wine makers from Bordeaux including:

Château Le Queyroux, Premieres Côtes de Blaye, Château Le Puy, Côtes de Francs, Château Massereau, Château Barrail de Guillon, Château Rousset Peyraguey, Domaine de Haut Brugas, Domaine de Jaugaret, Château Palmer, Château Vincent, Château La Bécasse, Château Moulin de la Rose, Château Ségur, Château La Galiane and

Château Bel Air Marquis d’Aligre

Unfortunately I have other plans tomorrow and cant make it but would love to hear from any members who went.

Caves Augé

13 October

11h00-19h00

116 blvd Huassmann, 8th.