• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Santa, please, something nice for X-mas...

chopper

Patrice Demers is one of the most talented pastry chefes I have ever encountered. I wish him luck with his book. I will either have to learn better French (I'm trying) or hopes it comes out in English.

I noticed on the samed page of the link above that Laurent Godbout has a new book as well. Has anyone seen that?

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

Patrice Demers is one of the most talented pastry chefes I have ever encountered. I wish him luck with his book. I will either have to learn better French (I'm trying) or hopes it comes out in English.

I noticed on the samed page of the link above that Laurent Godbout has a new book as well. Has anyone seen that?

I doubt the Demers book will be published in English, as he's not particularly well known outside of Quebec. And, anyway, that's the fate of most all cookbooks by Quebec's high-profile chefs (Vézina, DeCanck and Godbout, to name only three). On the bright side, we're always ready, willing and able to field language questions.

Godbout's book has been out for a while now. Haven't acquired it or looked through it closely (still busy cooking my way through Wolfert's SW France book and reading the recipes and comic strips in L'appareil).

The book was release yesterday.

There's goods chances that it gonna be published in english...even if I'm not well know  :cool:

Having tasted your cuisine a couple of times in the past, I'm sure it'll be a really interesting book. You do deserve to be well known way outside of Quebec.

Keep going and good luck with your book!

Patrice

The book was release yesterday.

There's goods chances that it gonna be published in english...even if I'm not well know  :cool:

yeah, i thought so

i herd that the series including the one from you and laurent godbout would be in english now

just wanted to check it out....

you have a lot of fans man i hope that you can deal with the pastry groupies!

Edited by Vinfidel (log)

Ya Godbouts book has been out a while now, BUT if everyone is saying Demers is the top pastry chef in MTL (even stelio says you r at the markt more than him) then me being a cook ill for sure support the locale chefs

ya english Godbout was found at libarire gourmande jean talon

Edited by cookatlarge (log)

This is cool. I will have to keep an eye out for both. Patrice, will you have the books at the restaurant?

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

ya english Godbout  was found at libarire gourmande jean talon

Well, I'll be. I can't recall any Quebec chef cookbook being translated in a long time. Here's hoping Patrick's book is next up for Englishing and the series raises the chefs' profiles beyond our borders. Any info on who's translating and publishing the English editions? Webseaching doesn't turn up anything and Les Éditions de l'homme's online catalogue is down...

there will be a new bookstore on Victoria Avenue ( westmount ), a few paces south of sherbrooke, that will specialize in cooking books.

I don't have the details yet ...  but I think it will open in november.

Cool. Hope it's multicultural and polyglot. Why Westmount, though? Very out of the way for non-residents.

edit: LEDLH's catalogue is back on line but I don't see anything about an English edition of Godbout's book.

Edited by carswell (log)

Patrice's book is out at least I managed to score a copy from indigo, went to chapter's on thursday and they had not yet received it , they called indigo and they just unwrapped them so they set one aside for me. It is very nice, recipes are clear, lotsa pictures wich is cool considering the inexpensive price tag(25$). I am really digging it, I hope it does well so more books of this caliber can be published from local chefs. Concerning the godbout book I know I have seen it in english, it has been out for a while so i don't think it is quite representative of what he is doing now.