• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Foil Candy Wrappers

thegreatdane

Would someone please give me a suggestion where I can find foil candy wrappers? 

Thanks!

ok suggestion for u here... try your local cake supply stores. often times they also carry candy supplies. that is where i purchase mine all the time.

the bonus to being abel to buy them on a local level is that there is no minimum u have to buy and you dont have to pay for shipping either.

edited to say oops, i didnt see that you were asking for an online source. oh well...... :laugh:

Edited by ladyyoung98 (log)

a recipe is merely a suggestion

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm looking for red and black, paper lined. Glerrup has gold only.

Does anyone know about the content of the foil? I see to have run across some mention of lead in the foil, particularly from Mexico.

I appreciate the help.

• 12 years later...

So, candy foils ... I’ve been using the really thin confectioners foils to wrap bars, and they have some drawbacks- so thin and fragile and show every wrinkle. Does anyone here use either paper-backed or waxed foil for chocolate?  I can’t really picture waxed foil - is it stiff?  As waxy as waxed paper or different?

thanks! 

On 2017-11-02 at 6:03 AM, pastrygirl said:

So, candy foils ... I’ve been using the really thin confectioners foils to wrap bars, and they have some drawbacks- so thin and fragile and show every wrinkle. Does anyone here use either paper-backed or waxed foil for chocolate?  I can’t really picture waxed foil - is it stiff?  As waxy as waxed paper or different?

thanks! 

No direct experience with the waxed foil - wonder if you could buy a small enough package or get a sample from this company.