• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to shop for special ingredients?

hzrt8w

The restaurant is called "Happy Garden", which is the one I frequent.  Along Stockton Blvd, between Fruitridge and Florin, you can find about half a dozen big Asian grocery stores. 

Ah Leung: Many thanks! I'll send my husband down to see if they sell those short tapered rolling pins for dim sum. And some date paste for sesame balls!

Plus next time we're down, we'll try out the Happy Garden Restaurant. Is that your favorite for Chinese Food in Sac? Any good ones in Roseville? Auburn? So far all the chinese food we've tried in Nevada City is bland & very Americanized. (The Kung Pao didn't have any hot peppers in it, we think because they have a lot of white senior citizens who frequent the place.) We've resorted to PF Changs in Roseville...

Plus next time we're down, we'll try out the Happy Garden Restaurant. Is that your favorite for Chinese Food in Sac? Any good ones in Roseville? Auburn? So far all the chinese food we've tried in Nevada City is bland & very Americanized. (The Kung Pao didn't have any hot peppers in it, we think because they have a lot of white senior citizens who frequent the place.) We've resorted to PF Changs in Roseville...

Less-is-More: No, Happy Garden is my least favorite in Sacramento. :biggrin: They are not too bad, but I just don't think much of them. The only reason why I frequent that restaurant is because my parents-in-law would not eat anywhere else. *sigh*

I will be happy to share my experience of Chinese food in the Sacramento area. Since it is region specific, I would like to invite you to continue our discussions in the California forum, under this thread that I had already started (I have posted reviews and pictures on some of them):

A Cow Town Boy's Big Food Adventure, A Sacramento Chinese food diary

It is about my eating experience in various Chinese restaurants in Sacramento and the Bay Area.

Edited by hzrt8w (log)
W.K. Leung ("Ah Leung") aka "hzrt8w"