• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rum Plantation Grande Reserve or Añejo Reserva

OliT

I tried searching the forums, but couldn't find any feedback for Rum Plantation Grande Reserve Barbados (Cognac Ferrand), unfortunatley I need to get a bottle of decent rum for the weekend, and it's either this one or Havana Club Añejo Reserva. It's not impossible that it will be used both as a mixer and a straight up-drinker, any comments on which one to choose?

I tried searching the forums, but couldn't find any feedback for Rum Plantation Grande Reserve Barbados (Cognac Ferrand), unfortunatley I need to get a bottle of decent rum for the weekend, and it's either this one or Havana Club Añejo Reserva. It's not impossible that it will be used both as a mixer and a straight up-drinker, any comments on which one to choose?

I've never had the first rum, but the Añejo Reserva is my favorite of the Havana Clubs, even more so than the 7 year old. I drink it neat, on ice and with juices (and sometimes with Barritt's Giner Beer for a super Dark & Stormy). I can definitely recommend the Añejo Reserva.

Thanks

Kevin

DarkSide Member #005-03-07-06