• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Woodcliff Lake Hilton

Randi

I am attending a black tie wedding at the Woodcliff Lake Hilton and I am wondering if anyone has been to an elegant function there, and can tell me if the food is above average. Or maybe even...great?

Or does it vary from function to function (and I am asking an impossible question?)

Anyone?

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

When I looked this over, I thought it might be quite lovely but I have had no direct experience with the food there. I imagine that each individual private event will have variations on a set menu made by the hosts of the wedding itself.

And then there is this additonal "reassurance':

Executive Chef, Peter Csikos oversees all aspects of food preparation and menu planning for the hotel. Peter launched his career in Budapest and Germany where he studied Hungarian and French Classical Cuisine. Chef Csikos has also worked at the Helmsley Palace and Warwick Hotel in New York.

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

I haven't gone to an "elegant" function there but I have eaten there and I recall the food being on the good side of very tasty! I hope that helps a wee bit!

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

Thanks Melissa and Stacey. I am optimistic now!

I'll report back. The wedding is this weekend.

Edited by Randi (log)

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

My prom was there in '86 but I cant remember a damn thing about it :huh:

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

I used to work in the area and we would have our holiday party there. The food was actually pretty good. I also went to a wedding there about 5 or 6 years ago and from what I remeber the food was very good.

edit for spelling

Edited by MikeyMike (log)