• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recommendations For Natick and Framingham Area

Mano

Thanks in advance for any recommendations for great/interesting restaurants within 5-10 miles from the Natick/Framingham area. I'll be there this Friday and Saturday with six or more of us going out on Saturday. Most of us are adventuresome diners and being from the Philidelphia area, we prefer BYOBs but that's certainly not a prerequisite.

I hope to make reservations within the next day or two.

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

I go to Tommasso's regularly, and highly reccommend it, if its in your distance. If you're willing, in Wellsley there's CK Chows, a really good Chinese spot on Washington Ave. Otherwise in Natick/Framingham I can only suggest John Harvards Brew House(behind Shoppers World) and Legal Seafoods(across from the mall) . Oh, I almost forgot, Oga's sushi is good too.

Edited by Timh (log)

Thanks for your suggestions. Ate at Oga on Friday and in my 20+ years of eating sushi, this was the best ever, hands down. On Saturday, six of us ate at Fava in Needham. The service was poor at first but then picked up when they realized they weren't on top of things. The food won positive to rave reviews from everyone.

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

• 2 weeks later...

last weekend we visited both Oga and Sichuan Gourmet.

Oga has an interesting menu - and judging by salmon tartare worth to explore beyond sushi - it's a shame that to be on the safe side we mostly ordered sushi - although decent they were nothing out of ordinary.

Had a nice dinner at Sichuan Gourmet: excellent hot and sour wonton soup - next time i'll order a double portion.

I would like to hear more about other ethnic places in the same area: on CH the following restaurants were mentioned:

Curry Leaf;

Vicki Lee Boyajian;

Masala Art ;

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be up inthe same area in a couple of weeks and I was wondering about Firefly BBQ? I have a lunch and two dinners to burn off plus, I could use a good take-out on Sunday for supplies to survive a ride back to Philly. I'll be hanging close to the Sheraton.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Tarantino

Marinades, Rubs, Brines, Cures, & Glazes

Ten Speed Press

I'll be up inthe same area in a couple of weeks and I was wondering about Firefly BBQ? I have a lunch and two dinners to burn off plus, I could use a good take-out on Sunday for supplies to survive a ride back to Philly. I'll be hanging close to the Sheraton.

Thanks in advance.

I've only been to the Firefly's in Marlborough, but thought it fairly good for commercial barbecue. The Marlborough location had an all-you-can-eat buffet on Monday evenings.

Jim