• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

One Month in London!

I think if you have the chance to get Stella/Wilfrid/Andy/Tony together in the same room at the same time, then you should move the drink to the 11th

Stella and I can hopefully hook up on the 5th when I will be in the Wenlock anyway. If anyone is passing, they are welcome to join in

S

Simon and Tony on the 5th at the Wenlock [Gavin, too? Don't be bashful--you're not a drunk, just a fun guy!], and the rest of you the 11th? Also the Wenlock, or another place? If that works, I am delighted, and flattered, you've no idea. Wilfrid, will be a pleasure. Keep me posted.

Gavin, too?  Don't be bashful--you're not a drunk, just a fun guy!

Call me Morel. Wrong though you are I will err on the non-drunk side of my 'personality' and will likely be in the Wenlock on the 5th from 6-6:30pm.

Someone else might wish to make a call on a venue for the other date (11th). It sounds to me as if Wilfrid nurtures a nostalgia (though possibly a nostalgie de boue) for the pubs of yesteryear.

A possibility might be the Market Porter (Borough Mkt not operative Thursdays).

The Sutton Arms or a more trad Smithfield place (near Barbican/Charterhouse) might be another possible (for different location).

Wilma squawks no more

11th or 12th would actually suit be better, and it would be great to meet both Wilfred and Stella. Can you imagine anything other than eGullet uniting such a disperate (nay desperate) bunch.

I may actually be able to make the 12th. Although my schedule seems to change on an hourly basis, it's very likely that by that point the client will be quite happy to send me back to London so I'll stop racking up expenses. :wink:

As much as I'd love to see Simon & Tony AND Stellabella on the 5th, I am almost certainly going to be working over that weekend. Much as I am this weekend. Sigh.

Miss J

The 12th being a Friday would connect with Borough Market which would suggest the Market porter (v. close to London Bridge) or maybe the George if decent weather. Is the 12th good for Wilfrid, Stellabella & Andy as well as MissJ? For me, I'm afraid, it is always beer o'clock.

Wilma squawks no more