• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

cupcake paper cups in BLACK

schneich

I think one of the paper sources - Qualita - will do custom color cupcake liners and I seem to remember you needed to order some ungodly number of them. Check the previous thread on 4" round boards from Pam R. (sorry I don't know how to link to a previous thread!)

On a side note, what is it about some places that refuse to share this sort of info? I can absolutely understand not sharing a formula or your secret ingredient, but Perfect Endings refused to say where they got their green cupcake liners, and Scrumptions in Rhode Island told me in no uncertain terms that it took her a long time to find a supplier for her clear acrylic/plastic boxes for the miniature cakes she does (the cakes are gorgeous!) and she would not reveal where she gets them - "it's proprietary" she said.

I'm just glad that there's a forum like this with lots of people who are willing to share!

• 8 months later...

A client of mine wanted to use an acrylic stand sold by Cake Deco in Australia. While browsing their site, I found these cupcake liners

I don't know whether they're useful for you or not, or whether they'd sell you just one color but it can't hurt to ask....

i know that lechter's used to sell them. i miss lechter's terribly. have you tried new york cake on 22nd street in new york city? they have almost everything. i will look for their link to add to this post.

looks like others are having alot of trouble finding them , as well:

black cupcake liner query

Edited by azlee (log)

WOW!! What a wonderful response! Thanks, everybody. I've forwarded the laser-cut ones to the bride, so we'll see if they meet her vision.

I hadn't found the Australian ones--they're great colors, but the really dark one is green, not black. Still, a site worth keeping!

I found New York Cake, and though they had liners I hadn't seen elsewhere, no plain black.

I'm still on the hunt!

Life is short. Eat the roasted cauliflower first.