• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

It's Summer!

Billy D

Don't forget a nice kir.  Had one (two) last evening, icy cold, beautifully pink, out on the pink flagstone, before the pink marbletop table, surveying the hills.

Or Kir Royale.. Actually that's one of my favorite "starters" for a nice dinner party. Festive and delicious. I even bought special glasses for them.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

I had the best martini in my life last night, and it went down really well on a 80+ degree night. It was a lemon infused vodka martini. There were a few choices of fruit, including watermelon, but our server recommended the mandarin orange or lemon. Served in a mini stainless steel martini shaker, this was icy cold and had an intense but smooth lemon flavor. Tasted a little bit like limoncello Could have drunk them all evening, if the one hadn't rendered me a little too tipsy .......

Anyone know how to "infuse" alcohol with flavor? Is it just a fancy word for marinate?