• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good spot for private party in Las Vegas

Hi, I'm looking for suggestions for a private party in Las Vegas. About 50-80 people, age range from 30 to 60, usually a lot of conversation, so music is fine, but not too much of it. We have an an open bar and good appetizers, (not cheese cubes and chicken strips). It's usually at about 5-8 pm. Last year we went to the Ice House, which was a pain to get to and the food was not so great. The year before was Risque in Paris, which was a good venue. My memory fades prior to that. It's usually a bar like one of these with enough room to close off a section for us, or they just close the whole place for it. The event is May 2006, during a convention at the main convention center, and people stay all over the strip, so location is pretty open (they have to - there are 40,000 attendees!). Thanks for your help,

Mike K

• 3 weeks later...

Why don't you look into booking an event at one of the hotels through the catering department? You can customize your menu, get bar packages, get a staff that is used to serving that type of party.

The rooms at Wynn are really great. They all either look out onto the pool or onto the golf course. All have patios. Close to the convention center too.

Mike, I agree with Melanger. Check out one of the hotels along the Strip. Of course they want your business. Wynn is definitely one of the newer spots. Try also the Bellagio. If your group has a sweet tooth, Bellagio has a world-class patisserie.

If your group is more into wines and great appetizers, try Rosemary's Restaurant. Two potential problems: maximum capacity is 60 people (double-check just to make sure) and the restaurant is far away from the Strip, about seven miles west from Sahara's at the north end of the Strip.

Edited by rjwong (log)

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

Actually, Russell's post just reminded me - as part of Bellagio's recent expansion, they added a venue they call the "Tuscan Kitchen". It's not a restaurant, but a demo kitchen with dining facilities. I believe the way it works is groups can book the kitchen and have various Bellagio chefs prepare dishes and do tastings. I'm assuming they can also set up wine and/or a bar and bartender as well. It might be worth giving them a call to see what they can do. Probably the catering or banquet department would handle bookings.