• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Louisiana Satsuma Mandarin Oranges

Jason Perlow

• 1 month later...
Bought a ton of meyer lemons for .99/lb from Economical on Vets in Metairie...

Will begin preserving shortly..

Don't just preserve! Make some Lemoncello! The stuff is great. Those thin skins, mmmmm>

Delivered a bunch of jars to DC this weekend (Oh, did I mention that Homeland Security is annoying as Hell?). For a late night palate cleanser, this delicious elixir is hard to refuse and impossible to beat.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

Don't just preserve! Make some Lemoncello! The stuff is great. Those thin skins, mmmmm>

Delivered a bunch of jars to DC this weekend (Oh, did I mention that Homeland Security is annoying as Hell?). For a late night palate cleanser, this delicious elixir is hard to refuse and impossible to beat.

Brooks,

Please post the directions/recipe for your Lemoncello! I have a BIG bag o' Meyer Lemons and would love to try it.

Brooks,

Please post the directions/recipe for your Lemoncello!  I have a BIG bag o' Meyer Lemons and would love to try it.

It's on the site--use the google search feature. But roughly:

Microplane 12 lemons. Put in 750ml of 100 proof vodka. Let sit two weeks, titrate down with another bottle of regular vodka. Cut with simple syrup.

Ice and drink..