• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Halloween Sweets

chefjack

Vanilla panna cotta with pomegranite sauce:

brain.jpg

This got devoured - nothing was left at the end of the party I took it to last night. Once you got over the appearance, the vanilla against tart pomegranite was really, really good. Lots of shudders, though :cool:

Edited by tejon (log)

Kathy

Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. - Harriet Van Horne

That is excellent, tejon! The flavors sound delicoius as well. I may try it in ranekins for a non-Halloween effect also...

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 1962 "Big Mama's Funeral"

Vanilla panna cotta with pomegranite sauce:

This got devoured - nothing was left at the end of the party I took it to last night. Once you got over the appearance, the vanilla against tart pomegranite was really, really good. Lots of shudders, though  :cool:

Wow, Kathy... that's revoltingly appealing. :shock::biggrin:

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

I used one of the brain shaped molds (like this one). They look remarkably realistic, especially with the sauce accenting all the folds and crevices.

I just love Halloween :cool:

Edited to add: the finger cookies won the contest :biggrin:

Edited by tejon (log)

Kathy

Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. - Harriet Van Horne

• 6 years later...
  • 2 years later...

If you check back in October on Chocolates with that Showroom Finish or Confections we have made - you'll see a few things. Chocolot does eyeballs every year!

• Like 1