• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where are the 5 Stars!

cookatlarge

But is it GREAT food?  I can overcome anything for great food.

Small portions can be dealt with by visiting Schwartz' afterwards.

There is no great food in Montreal. Nada. Rien. Zilch. Zippo. Plus none of us have ever travelled or eaten in even half-decent restaurants, so we wouldn't know good food if we were served it. Though, of course, we won't be. Really, you shouldn't bother coming here ever again. Trust me on this. Don't listen to anyone else.

But is it GREAT food?  I can overcome anything for great food.

Small portions can be dealt with by visiting Schwartz' afterwards.

There is no great food in Montreal. Nada. Rien. Zilch. Zippo. Plus none of us have ever travelled or eaten in even half-decent restaurants, so we wouldn't know good food if we were served it. Though, of course, we won't be. Really, you shouldn't bother coming here ever again. Trust me on this. Don't listen to anyone else.

There is plenty of great food in Montreal, just no great restaurants. I ask for his opinion and this is what I get?

You think you are being funny, but you really know what you are...

GREAT FOOD is a tough concept

for a 5* resto i dont think it is GREAT not like ducasse or le bernardin or french laundry

i have never had great food there except once an amazing lamb that was incredible but nothing more than a small bite

for GREAT FOOD go to club chasse

like toque you will be going to scwartz after

for a 5* resto i dont think it is GREAT not like ducasse or le bernardin or french laundry

i have never had great food there except once an amazing lamb  that was incredible but nothing more than a small bite

I appreciate your honest assessments of the 2 restaurants and will check out CC&P one my next visit. Thanks.

The current issue oF Art of Eating is about restaurants in Montreal.  Have not read it yet.  Just ordered it, hopefully, I will receive it within a couple of weeks.

Hi Francois,

Have you read Edward Behr's book? Let me know what you think of his writings when you receive the newsletter.

i have never had great food there except once an amazing lamb  that was incredible but nothing more than a small bite

I appreciate your honest assessments of the 2 restaurants and will check out CC&P one my next visit. Thanks.

you should also check out la chronique and maybe les chevres. i have never had a great meal at les chevres and never been to la chronique but many many people love these two places and put them in the league of the best we have heer