• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

BrightPink Debuts in UK

Rebel Rose

From The Independent:

It looks like the latest alcopop, or a trendy shampoo, but the contents of this aluminium bottle are for an altogether more discerning palate.

Inside is a rosé wine produced from castelao and trincadeira grapes grown in southern Portugal ­ and the trendy packaging reflects the growing popularity of pink wine in Britain.

"The technology now exists for storage in metal, Ehrmanns is a highly reputable company, and Peter Bright, the winemaker they are collaborating with, is well regarded.

What's next? Velvet Draper?

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

These bottles do have very high visibility - almost shock factor - on shelves, but I'm not so sure the buying public are ready for metal bottles yet.... Whilst rose is a very hot sector at the moment, people are used to buying rose in clear glass bottles so they can see the (hopefully - rather than dayglo) delicate salmon colour inside.

Still - it's a bit more serious than Rosy le Rose, complete with bikini-shaped label....

Hasn't Coppola marketed some sort of wine in a can for a while now?

I seem to remember it was a pink sparkler named after his daughter.

Not sure if I've ever seen it in a store, though.

-Erik

---

Erik Ellestad

If the ocean was whiskey and I was a duck...

Bernal Heights, SF, CA