• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: chrisamirault - Place Settings

Wow, such a hard-working blogger you are!  Kudos to you!  I'm wowed by that bread with the wine bottle included - anything else you can say about that?

Yes, Chris - without checking to be sure, it looks to me as though your blog has nearly matched the tag-team blogs in terms of posts, participation, and views. Very impressive - and of course, it's because you've done such a lovely blog! Thanks again. If I ever make it back to Providence, I'll know some places to go see.

I too would like to know more about that wine bottle bread. Way back upthread, Mitch (a.k.a. boulak) offered to tell more about the baking school ovens and answer other questions about the process. Since the blog will be closing soon, here's my request to him to please start a thread telling more about the school and the gear! Let's start with: how do they bake that bread with the wine bottle, without overheating the bottle and/or scorching the label? And how do the decorative bread doughs differ from regular doughs?

Edited to add boulak's screen name and fuss a bit more over this post. Mega-thanks again, Chris. Well done!

Edited by Smithy (log)

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Well, it's high noon, so I'll close out this foodblog. You won't be able to post on this thread after this post.

Thanks, again, to everyone for your great participation. You can keep it up by posting in the other eGullet forums. I'll see you there!

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts