• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Any Good Midweek Dining Specials?

Carpetbagger

My wife and I just recently purchased a house in West Orange therefore our dining budget has been severely curtailed. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good midweek specials that any restaurants have on a regular basis such as reduced price, prix-fixe, etc. that will allow us to eat out once a week inexpensively. We're open to all cuisines. We found a good one in Belleville at Michael's Roscommon House - a large pizza and a pitcher of beer for $15, during the week. I think it was Mon.-Thurs but don't quote me on that. Any other suggestions closer to West Orange?

"Nothing is so dangerous as being too modern; one is apt to grow old fashioned quite suddenly."

--Oscar Wilde

Amanda's, Hoboken has a three course early dinner served Monday through Saturday from 5 to 5:30 PM for $14 per person with house wine priced at $15. Additionally, when you dine at Amanda’s on Monday nights the corkage fee is waived. For information and reservations call 201-798-0101.

The Jefferson, Hoboken also has an early bird special from Monday 5 to 10 PM and Tuesday through Saturday 5 to 7 for $18.01 as that was the year Jefferson became president. For reservations call 201-386-9955.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

If you like real mexican food and can truly appreciate it, Los Tapatios at 10, Main Street in West Orange is THE place to go. The menu is kind of misleading, most things sounding like american versions but don't let it fool you. Very authentic, very cheap fare, very nice people. BYO.