• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cheerwine

As I beleive it has already been mentioned here, Food Lion carries Cheerwine and Sundrop flavored sherbet. Yesterday I decided I was in the mood for popsicles and damn if they don't now have both flavors as popicles--both with a creme center. Yum!

-----------------

AMUSE ME

We just got back from a quickie trip to Durham, and saw Cheerwine on the menu at some restaurant. My husband tried to get the kids to try it, but once they realized it wasn't really wine, they were not interested.

I wonder if you can get it, or those popsicles, anywhere up our way?

"Oh, tuna. Tuna, tuna, tuna." -Andy Bernard, The Office

Thanks for mentioning this, ditsydine! Went a-Googling and found a recipe for Cheerwine ice cream which I will definitely make next summer when it gets hot! Thanks!

Since when do you have to wait 'til it gets hot to eat ice cream? You sound like my husband - pitches a fit when he sees me jumping into a bowl of cookies & cream when it's 40 degrees. :smile:

I'll be looking for those popsicles!

FabulousFoodBabe, I'm pretty sure Cheerwine is only distributed in the Carolinas, mostly North Carolina (it's a native NC product). I loved it as a kid but now it tastes a little too much like cherry cough syrup for my adult palate.

Edited to add: link to Cheerwine Country Map. They're available in far more of the Southeast than they were when I was a little kid. Plus parts of MN, WI, IA, IL, MO, and NE! :shock: Good news for many Cheerwine fans, no doubt.

Edited by Malawry (log)