• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Butcher in Baltimore?

ghost

Ceriello's in Belvedere Square has dry aged beef. As for the veal bones, the last time I was in search of them, I settled for beef bones. I like Regan's in Lexington Market and although they didn't have what we were looking for, they hooked us up with another vendor there who sold us a big bag of beef bones for cheap, cheap, cheap.

Anyone know of a butcher in Baltimore where I could possibly get veal bones for stock and wet/dry aged steaks? I can't seem to find any.

mike

There's a place on Main Street in Laural that could help you. Just look for the big plastic cow.

Anyone know of a butcher in Baltimore where I could possibly get veal bones for stock and wet/dry aged steaks? I can't seem to find any.

mike

There's a place on Main Street in Laural that could help you. Just look for the big plastic cow.

Unfortunately, the Laurel meat market closed earlier this year. A pity, I think, it was a good butcher.