• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Attitude-Transforming Dishes

Everytime I tasted anything made with ricotta, I hated it. The texture. Blah. Flavor. Blah again. Ruined lasagna for me, ruined desserts, ruined everything.

A couple of years ago, I decided to make a recipe for chocolate ricotta muffins. They were a bit dry, but I didn't think butter would be appropriate. Then I remembered that I had some of the ricotta left and spread it on the muffins. Oh, my, couldn't believe it tasted so good.

Then I was reading about bleudavergne's Montignac diet, where she ate fruit compote with yogurt. Yogurt is too sour for me to eat in the morning, so I tried the fruit compote with ricotta. Ate this for breakfast or snack almost every day last summer.

Note: I've sense revised the ricotta muffins--added more sugar and some black cocoa--and am mad about them.

Ruth Dondanville aka "ruthcooks"

“Are you making a statement, or are you making dinner?” Mario Batali

^ nuts?

Only if they sit on top of ice cream on top of a patty!

Certifiably organic nuts?

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello