• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fresh boudin noir-Los Angeles?

Craigm

depending on which end of l.a--try:

surfas in culver city click

or nicole's gourmet imports in south pasadena click

i'm pretty sure i've seen it both places, but not all the time.

"Laughter is brightest where food is best."

www.chezcherie.com

Author of The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook ,The I Love Trader Joe's Party Cookbook and The I Love Trader Joe's Around the World Cookbook

Hello-

I've only been able to find the Fabrique Delices, frozen. Blood sausage is just one thing I don't like after it's been frozen, probably my imagination. I did find Polish style blood sausage fresh at J&T International, 1128 Wislhire Blvd, Santa Monica. They make it there. They also sell fresh and smoked sausage that they make there. The double smoked Hungarian is delicious.

Craig

Hello-

I've only been able to find the Fabrique Delices, frozen.  Blood sausage is just one thing I don't like after it's been frozen, probably my imagination.  I did find Polish style blood sausage fresh at J&T International, 1128 Wislhire Blvd, Santa Monica.  They make it there. They also sell fresh and smoked sausage that they make there.  The double smoked Hungarian is delicious.

Craig

Do they sell it at any of the chain gourmet markets like Gelsons, whole foods, or Bristol farms?

• 6 months later...
Hello-

I've only been able to find the Fabrique Delices, frozen.  Blood sausage is just one thing I don't like after it's been frozen, probably my imagination.  I did find Polish style blood sausage fresh at J&T International, 1128 Wislhire Blvd, Santa Monica.  They make it there. They also sell fresh and smoked sausage that they make there.  The double smoked Hungarian is delicious.

Craig

Do they sell it at any of the chain gourmet markets like Gelsons, whole foods, or Bristol farms?

No, they do not. I am buying my own blood (Chinese and Korean markets are the place to go) and making it myself. If you want something done right....Now, my new quest is for a source for "all natural" or organic blood.