• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant with good meat and veg

:unsure:

Ok here's a toughie

a friends wants a restaurant where they serve good meat and good vegetarian food?

is such a restaurant possible???

located in London

budget can be extortionate

as long as the food is top notch.

i thanks you all in advance

"so tell me how do you bone a chicken?"

"tastes so good makes you want to slap your mamma!!"

Ok here's a toughie

a friends wants a restaurant where they serve good meat and good vegetarian food?

is such a restaurant possible???

located in London

budget can be extortionate

as long as the food is top notch.

i thanks you all in advance

if budget no object, try roussillon in pimlico. all the hautish meat stuff is there, but alexis gauthier is particularly hot on veggies.

roussillon

also, morgan m - the garden menu is so good you'd hardly miss meat and he usually does game extremely well.

morgan m

mx

Tom Aikens coped exceptionally well when one of our table announced in the restaurant that she was vegetarian. All meat-derived amuse-bouches were replaced on her plate with the mininum of fuss and she enjoyed a stunning veggie meal.

I would suggest letting them know in advance, though!

The Lanesborough menu was always good for veggies?

Otherwise the usual suspects mentioned above... Morgan M, Lanesborough, yes I Tom Aikens is a dab hand with lighter/vegetable-heavy dishes.

Look the issue here is not finding a good veg/meat restaurant, but finding a restaurant that does good veggie food full stop. Any rarity falling into that category is likely to have good meat by default.

Personally if the budget really /is/ extortionate I'd tell them to pick up a pair of cheap trans-atlantic tix, take them to Peter Lugars in NYC and guilt trip them into giving up the vegetarianism... :biggrin:

J

More Cookbooks than Sense - my new Cookbook blog!

Personally if the budget really /is/ extortionate I'd tell them to pick up a pair of cheap trans-atlantic tix, take them to Peter Lugars in NYC and guilt trip them into giving up the vegetarianism...  :biggrin:

J

:smile: I wish

unfortunately we're restricted to time :laugh:

also they are religious veggies so they worried they end up in hell.

although i did have a friend that tricked a muslim friend to eat wonton! :shock:

he liked it but I decided to excuse myself from their company permenantly in case of divine retribution.

"so tell me how do you bone a chicken?"

"tastes so good makes you want to slap your mamma!!"