• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner near PNE?

vsrachel

Hello:

I am heading to a concert at the Pacific Coliseum tomorrow night, and would like some pre or post concert dinner options in the nearby area.

Any suggestions would be welcome, price is not a factor... just a decent place for a date!

Thanks

Yay! another Arcade Fire fan!

Is Ch'i (2nd and Nanaimo) reasonably close? that's a pretty good place to go for a date I think. Small plates and delicious cocktails.

ETA: upon looking at a map, I see it is near only inasmuch as it is east of Main. :wink:

I know nothing that is near! sorry.

Edited by *Deborah* (log)

Agenda-free since 1966.

Foodblog: Power, Convection and Lies

Yay! another Arcade Fire fan!

Is Ch'i (2nd and Nanaimo) reasonably close? that's a pretty good place to go for a date I think. Small plates and delicious cocktails.

I am SO out of the musical loop!

I was just about to suggest Chi'i ... not walking distance but certainly a quick drive.

A.

have fun at arcade fire!! i hear they put on an amazing show!

i was going to also suggest c'hi as well. a quick drive away. another suggestion would be the pear tree, not far into burnaby on hastings. if you don't mind a quick drive, there's also commercial drive. countless places there, stella's comes to mind. if you want something more casual, there's a good mexican place on hastings, by nanaimo called la pulgarcito. although i'm not sure what their hours are though.

Quentina

Pear Tree is still under major renos.

There really is nothing in that particular neighborhood within walking distance. Used to be,should be.

Lots of great little places on Commercial Drive..key word here is "drive"

I would suggest poping into the racetrack for a burger and a beer, but I'm more than choked with them..........

Lots of great little places on Commercial Drive..key word here is "drive"

And if you do hit The Drive, my picks would be Stella's, Latin Quarter for tapas, Bouzyos for Greek, Pondok Indonesia if the concert finishes earlyish or Marcello's.

Edited for improprieties in capitalization.

Edited by Mooshmouse (log)

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg