• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Patisseries in Paris

Pierre Hermé Paris

185 r Vaugirard 75015 Paris

01 47 83 89 96

Does anyone know if PH has opened up this location as a storefront? Last time I looked, which has admittedly been a while, it was not open to the public.

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

Thank You for the gorgeous photos and the update! Bravo!

John DePaula
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

filipe, thanks for the PH pics (I love that you posted a close-up), and good job on the pave! When I saw this the other night, I cut a slice from the pave I had in the freezer (I made two last time).

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced" - Vincent Van Gogh

As it is not related to this thread i haven't posted them here, but I have more pastry/chocolate pics from Paris, from Patrick Roger, Gerard Mullot, Sadaharu Aoki, among others. You can check them at my blog (written in portuguese unfortunatelly) if you want to, I'm still updating it every day. They're not very good quality pics, but they´re good enough to show the goods :)

Filipe A S

pastry student, food lover & food blogger

there's allways room for some more weight

As it is not related to this thread i haven't posted them here, but I have more pastry/chocolate pics from Paris, from Patrick Roger, Gerard Mullot, Sadaharu Aoki, among others. You can check them at my blog (written in portuguese unfortunatelly) if you want to, I'm still updating it every day. They're not very good quality pics, but they´re good enough to show the goods :)

For those of you don't read Portuguese, you can try to load/translate the page using Google language tools. The translation is far from perfect but you can get the gist. Here's a link: Filipe's partially translated Blog: XOCOLATE

P.S. The page doesn't seem to display well in my up-to-date version of Internet Explorer but works well with Firefox. FWIW

Thanks again for the pix, filipe.

John DePaula
--------------------

Great pics! Haven't seen this thread before.

Have you tried the yuzu tartelette and the matcha eclairs at Sadaharu Aoki?

Filipe A S

I hope you have a wonderful time! If you have any questions about patissiers/chocolatiers, feel free to ask.

Filipe: I had his yuzu tarte. It was amazing! It was the first time I'd eaten yuzu and now I'm filled with ideas for flavor combinations.

Formerly known as "Melange"

I hope you have a wonderful time! If you have any questions about patissiers/chocolatiers, feel free to ask.

Filipe: I had his yuzu tarte. It was amazing! It was the first time I'd eaten yuzu and now I'm filled with ideas for flavor combinations.

I thought it was amazing too. I had had yuzu for the first time at Megu in NYC, on a chocolate&yuzu cake which was delicious. Since then I've been trying to get some yuzu and I finnaly did, in Paris, at this shop called Sté Kioko (japanese grocery store) at 46, Rue des Petits Champs, which I've found under the wise advice of David Lebowitz.

Filipe A S

Boy, oh boy, I just keep coming back here to get my fix. These pics are just great. I've been sending them to my employees to get their breakfast juices flowing.

O

*drooool…*

Would it be wrong for me to visit Paris solely to eat pastries? :biggrin:

Edited by lexy (log)

Cutting the lemon/the knife/leaves a little cathedral:/alcoves unguessed by the eye/that open acidulous glass/to the light; topazes/riding the droplets,/altars,/aromatic facades. - Ode to a Lemon, Pablo Neruda

• 2 years later...
*drooool…*

Would it be wrong for me to visit Paris solely to eat pastries? :biggrin:

Um, nope. I am heading there myself for that sole purpose, if you're in pastry school I think you can call it "research." Technically we're going to Italy for a couple of weeks, but the last four days of our trip I will be eating, um, conducting research in Paris. I found this thread while making a list of where I must go while there, I can't wait!

An amazing lemon tart. Something I almost always find cloying, this was incredibly light, with a filling that turned to liquid the instant it entered your mouth.

gallery_17945_2647_71816.jpg

Any idea what made it different? And what's the green/herb there?